Northeast Ohio Spine Surgery Malpractice Lawyer
Some of the most severe and debilitating medical malpractice cases involve spinal cord injury during surgery. Many of these injuries are preventable.
Every year many people are permanently injured or paralyzed due to spinal cord injury during surgery. In many circumstances, these types of injuries result in permanent specialized care and housing accommodations.
Recoverable damages in spinal cord injury cases include:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Past and Future Pain and Suffering
- Past and Future Lost Wages / Income
- Damages for Permanent Disability
- Loss of Consortium
- Damages for Required Housing and Life Accommodations
Spinal cord injuries involve 2 types of categories:
- Complete Spinal Cord Injury: no function beneath where the injury occurred
- Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury: some function (e.g. feeling, movement) beneath where the injury occurred.
Typical injuries as a result of spinal cord injury can include:
- Paraplegia / Quadriplegia
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of sexual function
- Dependency on a feeding type for sustenance
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury and you suspect it may be the result of surgical error, please contact one of our experienced Cleveland Ohio medical malpractice lawyers today.