Cuyahoga County Age Discrimination Lawyers
You are protected from age based employment discrimination if you are an employee of 40 years or older. Under Federal Law and Ohio Law it is illegal for an employer to discriminate against an employee because of their age.
Our accomplished Cleveland Age Discrimination Attorneys pursue employment age discrimination cases, including matters involving:
- Termination / Firing / Layoffs
- Job Assignments
In order to conceal age discriminatory practices many companies practice creative and veiled methods. Our Ohio Age Discrimination Lawyers possess the expertise to unveil such acts employers and pursue age discrimination cases involving the following:
- A company that is giving greater compensation to employees that are younger with lesser skills and experience.
- A company that is terminating older employees and citing difficult economic times.
- When a supervisor produces a false performance evaluation report leading to demotion or firing.
- When a company is not allowing older employees to participate in its training programs.
- When a company tries to have a younger image and therefore does not hire older employees.
- When a company brings in a younger employee when an older one could have been promoted.
- A company that is swapping older employees with younger ones
For a free, risk-free consultation contact our experienced Cuyahoga County Age Discrimination Lawyers if you believe you are a victim of age discrimination.
Your claim may fall under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act or under Ohio Law.
Employees which are 40 years and above are protected by Federal Law, namely The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 ("ADEA"). ADEA is commonly applicable to companies that have 20 or more employees. Furthermore, certain Ohio laws protect certain employees against age discrimination.
Our lawyers possess the expertise and professionalism to serve our clients in age discrimination cases all across Ohio. Allow our years of litigation experience to protect your rights. Dial (440) 248-8811 if you think you may have an age discrimination case, or you may fill out the Free Case Evaluation Form to your right.