Our Cleveland Ohio lawyers are currently evaluating testosterone therapy cases nationwide. If you, or a loved one, was on testosterone treatment for low T and suffered one of the following conditions please contact us today:
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clots
Certain medical studies have shown that prescription testosterone increases one's likelihood of blood clots, which can cause stroke, heart attack and even death.
We are currently investigating claims against the following low-T and testosterone drugs and drug manufacturers:
- AndroGel (AbbVie)
- Androderm (Actavis, Inc.)
- Axiron (Eli Lilly and Company)
- Bio-T-Gel (Teva Pharmaceuticals)
- Fortesta (Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Striant (Columbia Laboratories)
- Testim (Auxilium Pharmaceuticals)
There have been multiple medical studies identifying the risks and dangers of testosterone drug treatments. Here are a few of the studies that have been conducted:
- Increased Risk of Non-Fatal Myocardial Infarction Following Testosterone Therapy Prescription in Men, January 29, 2014.
- Association of Testosterone Therapy With Mortality, Myocardial Infarction, and Stroke in Men With Low Testosterone Levels, The Journal of the American Medical Association, November 6, 2013.
The FDA has also gotten involved. In 2014, the FDA issued a safety warning relating to the use of testosterone therapies. Click here to read the FDA safety alert.
Moreover, there may be claims against your doctor for prescribing testosterone therapy when it is unnecessary. Some doctors fail to even test testosterone levels prior to prescribing. Other fails to monitor it after prescribing therapy.
There are many alternatives to testosterone therapy to increase one's T-levels (e.g. exercise, eating right). Some medical institutions have recommended that testosterone therapy only be used on patients with genuine medical conditions, not simply old age.
If you or a loved one has suffered a stroke or heart attack while on testosterone therapy please contact one of our Cleveland Ohio lawyers today. We are currently evaluating claims nationwide.
Please call us today at 440.248.8811 or fill out the contact form below for a free review of your claim.