Ohio Dilaudid Administration Lawyer
Dilaudid is an extremely potent pain reliever prescription drug that is derived from morphine. An overdose of Dilaudid can suppress one's respiration and lead to death. Combining Dilaudid with other drugs can exacerbate these effects. Doctors and nurses regularly confuse Dilaudid's generic name with morphine, which can also lead to mis-administration and overdose.
The professional attorneys at Triscaro & Associates represent individuals and families that have been harmed due to the improper administration of Dilaudid. If you believe you have a claim please contact us today for a free and confidential consultation.
Dilaudid is generally administered via an IV. Errors mainly occur when medical professionals fail to appropriately document the dosages of the medication.
Typical Causes of Dilaudid Overdose Include:
- Failure to update the patient's chart
- Clerical error when updating the patient's chart
- Failure to appropriately review the patient's chart
- Failure to obtain an appropriate medical history, and identify a patient's current medications
- Failure to monitor a patient's vitals
- Failure to instruct a patient how to properly take the liquid form of Dilaudid upon discharge leading to overdose
Dilaudid is also a highly addictive prescription drug because of the high it can generate. It is very easy for a patient to get addicted to the drug, which can lead to very unfortunate outcomes. We also handle claims involving the improper prescription of Dilaudid to high risk patients.
If you or a loved one has been seriously harmed due to the prescription drug Dilaudid please contact one of our experienced Cleveland medication error lawyers today for a free, confidential, no obligation consultation. Let our experience and resources work for you.