Cleveland and Northeast Ohio Trial Lawyers
REPORTED APPELLATE CASES
Chandler & Assoc., Inc. v. America's Healthcare Alliance, Inc - The 8th District Court of Appeals upheld the trial court's judgment and added certain prejudgment interest thereto, totaling a judgment for $1,851,923.90 against a company on breach of contract and tortious interference with business relationship claims where the company failed to pay our client commissions owed, and sent letters to our clients' customers forcing them to cease doing business with him.
The Ohio Supreme Court upheld the Chandler & Associates, Inc. decision in Chandler & Assoc., Inc. v. America's Healthcare Alliance, Inc., 705 N.E.2d 1235, 84 Ohio St.3d 1254, 1999-Ohio-424 (Ohio 1999).
Stypula v. Chandler - The 11th District Court of Appeals upheld the trial court's decision to pierce the corporate veil, and hold Defendant personally liable for $462,937.40 since Defendant was the 'alter ego' of the company, and Defendant used his dominion and control to unlawfully deprive our client of the ability to enforce his judgment.
Skerlec v. Ganley Chevrolet, Inc., 2012-Ohio-5748 - The Eighth District Court of Appeals reversed the trial court's decision granting a motion to stay to Defendant Ganley Chevrolet since the subject arbitration clause did not apply to intentional torts such as malicious prosecution.
Integrated Vascular Servs., L.L.C. v. Kuhel, 2014-Ohio-5716 - The Seventh District Court of Appeals upheld the trial court's verdicts in our clients favor in a case involving an employer seeking damages against an employee for fraud and breach of contract.
In re D.S.R., 2012-Ohio-5823 - The Eleventh District Court of Appeals upheld the trial court's decision granting parental rights to Father.
Burdick v. Burdick, 2014-Ohio-2876 - The Eleventh District Court of Appeals upheld the enforceability of a prenuptial agreement after a trial in the matter.
Ragsdale v. Sidoti, Case No. 14-3009 (6th Cir. 2014) - The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the denial of summary judgment for a police officer who shot and injured Plaintiff.
RECENT TELEVISION BROADCASTS
The medical device implanted into hundreds of women which is now no longer legal to use, Australian Broadcasting Company, May 19, 2016
RECENT NEWSPAPER ARTICLES
Medical mesh concerns raised, Newcastle Herald, March 12, 2016
Appeals court upholds verdict in case against utility company, Chagrin Valley Times, December 18, 2014
Utility appeals verdict of suit in pole accident, Chagrin Valley Times, February 20, 2014
Jury rules against CEI in accident with pole, Chagrin Valley Times, February 21, 2013
City pays $50K for alleged punch, The Chronicle, August 2, 2011
- $1,851,923.90 jury verdict in a business litigation case regarding breach of contract and tortious interference claims.
- $1,229,430.06 in a business dispute over a shareholder buyout.
- $1,100,000 in a business litigation matter concerning a partnership dispute.
- $1,000,000 in an employment dispute concerning severance pay and other benefits.
- $900,000 in a business litigation case.
- $462,937.40 verdict involving piercing the corporate veil and imposing personal liability.
- $261,000 in an international exclusive distribution contract dispute in federal court.
- $150,000 in a trade secret and patent dispute.
- $139,000 in the case of a disputed partnership equity interest in a company.
- $125,000 in a complex real estate investment fraud matter.
Personal Injury/Medical Malpractice
- $798,532 jury verdict in motorcycle accident case.
- $600,000 in a dental malpractice case.
- $390,000 in a medical malpractice action involving delay in diagnosis.
- $300,000 in a medical malpractice case.
- $225,000 in a medical malpractice case.
- $225,000 in a failure to monitor medical malpractice case.
- $200,000 in an RTA bus accident case.
- $150,000 in a premises liability case involving a fall from a roof.
- $115,000 in a premises liability case involving a tree branch striking an invitee.
- $100,000 in a dental malpractice action.
- $80,000 in a slip and fall case on ice.
- $75,000 in a motorcycle accident.
- $65,000 in a police shooting case.
- $60,000 in a premises liability case.
- $50,000 in a police excessive force case.
- $212,500 in a probate litigation matter concerning fraudulent transfers.
- $95,000 settlement after a verdict in a probate litigation case.
Please note that every case is unique, and the afore-mentioned representative case results are not necessarily indicative of the potential recovery in your case. Please consult with a qualified attorney regarding the value of your case.
Our Ohio Trial Attorneys represent clients in litigation matters throughout the entire State of Ohio, including Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Canton, Parma, Youngstown, Lorain, Elyria, Mentor, Cuyahoga Falls, Lakewood, Euclid and Solon.
To discuss your potential litigation matter with an experienced Ohio Trial Lawyer contact our Ohio Trial Law Firm today.