According to a recent report from the Ohio Department of Public Safety, in 2013, there were 269,079 accidents on Ohio roadways of which over 37% resulted in injuries or fatalities. With these statistics in mind, it is no surprise that most people who need a lawyer usually turn to a personal injury lawyer to either to help make a claim following an accident or help defend a claim made against them. When it comes to making a personal injury claim, here are several ways a personal injury lawyer can help you after an accident:
- Negotiate with the insurance company to ensure your claim is handled fairly and that you recover what you are entitled to based upon your injuries
- Recommend qualified health care providers to render treatment and therapy
- Properly evaluate your claim and to ensure that you receive the money your entitled to for you injuries
- Explain your legal rights and obligations to ensure you did not make a serious mistake that lowers or even eliminates your recovery
- Investigate and advise you who may be held liable for your injuries; often times it is more than just the other driver.
- Conduct and investigation to find out information that is unknown or unclear, identify and interview witnesses, get copies of police reports or medical files and do legal research as well.
- Preservation and collection of evidence to use at trial
- Assist you in the handling of your property damage claim; after all someone has to repair your car
- Help you get the maximum amount of compensation including: medical bills, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, and pain and suffering.
These are just some of the many ways a lawyer helps you after an accident or injury. A lawyer makes recovering damages easier and reduces the time you spend on the matter. Also — and perhaps most importantly — you will likely receive more compensation than if you handle your claim alone.
Contact an attorney at Triscaro & Associates today. Please call us for all your legal needs. We offer a full range of legal services to individuals, families and businesses, including personal injury, estate planning, real estate, family law and business matters. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services at a reasonable cost.